The History teacher left an activity to do in her Blog after watching a video. Here is the activity done
1) For: Germany was the main responsable to the starting of the war because she declared war on Russia, then on France and then invaded Belgium. By invading Belgium Britain will enter the fight to protect Belgium because of the Treaty of London.
Against: Germany was important in the war, but it is not fair to make her guilty for the starting of it. There was also the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. Also the Austro-Hungarians put very hard terms to the serbians and declared war on them on July 11th 1914.
2) The term which followed War Guilt was Reparations. As in the treaty it said Germany was the main responsable for the starting of the war, they should pay the reparations for the ones who got affected. These reparations were not only paid in money, also in resources such as gold. In comparison to today’s dollars, it would costed 400 billion dollars to pay these reparations. These reparations humilliated german people and some people say it affected the german economy.
3) They, the victors, tried to prevent another war with the treaty because they thought Germany would want revenge in the future and cause another war.
4) Germany lost Poland, Alsace-Lorraine, their colonies in Africa and their holdings in the Pacific Ocean and the one in China. Germany lost her colonies in Africa. Wilson disliked the germans losing all their territory because he thought they would want revenge and create another war.
5) The nations that were created after WW1 were Poland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Hungary.
After these, we had to see some conversations the senior 3 students made in 2016 about what the big three could have said. Then we have to choose our favourite.
The one I liked the most was the number 7, this one. I liked it because I think it talked about the most important things the big three wanted and I found it very easy to understand.