The History teacher left an activity to do in her Blog after watching a video. Here is the activity done
1) For: Germany was the main responsable to the starting of the war because she declared war on Russia, then on France and then invaded Belgium. By invading Belgium Britain will enter the fight to protect Belgium because of the Treaty of London.
Against: Germany was important in the war, but it is not fair to make her guilty for the starting of it. There was also the assassination of Franz Ferdinand. Also the Austro-Hungarians put very hard terms to the serbians and declared war on them on July 11th 1914.
2) The term which followed War Guilt was Reparations. As in the treaty it said Germany was the main responsable for the starting of the war, they should pay the reparations for the ones who got affected. These reparations were not only paid in money, also in resources such as gold. In comparison to today’s dollars, it would costed 400 billion dollars to pay these reparations. These reparations humilliated german people and some people say it affected the german economy.
3) They, the victors, tried to prevent another war with the treaty because they thought Germany would want revenge in the future and cause another war.
4) Germany lost Poland, Alsace-Lorraine, their colonies in Africa and their holdings in the Pacific Ocean and the one in China. Germany lost her colonies in Africa. Wilson disliked the germans losing all their territory because he thought they would want revenge and create another war.
5) The nations that were created after WW1 were Poland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Yugoslavia and Hungary.
In the last history classes we were working on the nature of WWI. We were separated in groups and we had to look for information about Propaganda, The Home Front, New Weapons and Trench Warfare, I had to look for Trench Warfare. I worked with Facu Segura, Fede San Lorenzo and Juansi Machado. After we finished looking for the information we had to make a poster showing the most important things about each topic. What I learnt from this was what kind of works did the men in the trenches do. I also learnt how did they live and what did they do, they did a lot of work and had very little time to rest, it was a hard life. The teacher gave us many links to look for this information and tools to make the poster. I look almost all the information and images from this site. We used Piktochart. This tool was very interesting because you have a lot of choices to make, for example, different types of letters, different Poster designs and also a lot of other things which make this site very simple and good to work. I learnt a new site to work that was very good and I will probably use in another opportunity. I think all the group did a very good work overall. I think I did a very complete research and found a lot of information about this topic. I think I summarized the information in a good way and that I showed the most important points of the Trench Warfare. I think I deserve a 7 or an 8 because I made a big effort to collect all the information I could and I think I showed the information in the poster very well. Click below to see the poster.
Here is a photo if you cannot enter the site.
The History Teacher, Lenny Ambrosini, gave us a photocopy that showed information about the Empires in WWl. She told us to work in groups to make drawings showing the tension between those Empires and post the drawings in our Blogs. I worked with Facundo Segura, here is his Blog and down here the scan of the drawing.